The Walton County Clerk of Courts and County Comptroller's Office will recruit, employ and promote employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran service.
The Clerk & Comptroller's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace.
Tourist Development Tax Collections Clerk
Perform a variety of tasks related to the work performed in support of the Walton County Clerk & Comptroller’s Office at the Coastal Annex in the following functions: collections, auditing and enforcement of the Tourist Development Tax.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or its equivalent required;
· Associates Degree from an accredited college preferred;
· Three (3) years previous experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or other related clerical activity;
· Or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Proficiency in computer principles, techniques, and procedures involving word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and standard report generation;
· Communicate clearly and effectively;
· Ability to type 35 correct words per minute;
· Eligible to become a Florida Notary Public
Employment Application Process
All applicants interested in applying with the Walton County Clerk of Courts & County Comptroller are required to complete an application, Completed applications should be mailed to: Walton County Clerk Courts and County Comptroller, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 1260, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435-1260, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent via fax to (850) 892-8524. Resumes will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by an application. Successful completion of proficiency testing will be required.
Unsolicited applications or resumes will not be accepted.