The Walton County Clerk of Courts and County Comptroller's Office will recruit, employ and promote employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran service.
The Clerk & Comptroller's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Administrative Services in managing activities and personnel within the Finance, Administration, and Official Records departments; to perform various accounting and auditing functions of the Finance Department, and assist in the annual audit of financial statements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a four (4) year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration;
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience (governmental accounting experience preferred); and
- Certified Public Accountant preferred or certification must be obtained within three (3) years of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements;
- Must be able to type 35 correct words per minute;
- Ability to make sound independent judgments;
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others;
- Ability to operate with appropriate speed and accuracy all standard business machines;
- Eligible to become a Florida Notary Public.
Salary: $68,159.94 annually (minimum) Depends on Experience
Open until filled
Internal auditing is an independent, objective, assurance designed to improve an organization’s operations. It aids an organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of management’s internal controls and processes.
The applicant should have strong, analytical, and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to manage multiple audit engagements and special projects; the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and employees of organizations in both written and oral formats; the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. In addition, the applicant should possess a familiarity with standard auditing practices and procedures, and the ability to apply them to each project; a familiarity with overall County operations and an ability to understand correlations between internal operating departments. This position requires the ability to perform work with little or no supervision. Must be computer literate and have extensive knowledge of computer applications involving word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and standard report generation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a four (4) year degree in Accounting or related field;
- Minimum of (3) progressively responsible accounting and auditing experience, with at least two (2) years in the internal audit function;
- Experience with governmental entities and boards;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), auditing standards (GAAS), governmental accounting standards (GASB) and governmental accounting systems.
Salary: $53,333 annually (minimum - depends on experience)
Open Until Filled
Employment Application Process
All applicants interested in applying with the Walton County Clerk of Courts & County Comptroller are required to complete an application. Completed applications should be mailed to: Walton County Clerk Courts and County Comptroller, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 1260, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435-1260, or emailed to email@example.com, or sent via fax to (850) 892-8524. Resumes will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by an application. Successful completion of proficiency testing will be required.
Unsolicited applications or resumes will not be accepted.